Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Final weeks

Summer’s heat is coming slowly to Hohhot this year and that’s fine with me.  My circus friends headed out of town after two weeks of shows in Hohhot.  I had plenty of time to take lots of photographics that I was able to share with them.  Their last morning I was invited to join them for breakfast, squatting it the dirt, as they disassembled their equipment and packed up.  I miss them...

I received an offer to teach at the Agricultural University next semester, but I’ll need some time with Cindy before deciding what to do next.  The Mongolian Art College held their annual music concert and did an amazing performance.  This is the school that our friends from Iowa teach at.  This middle school personally invites students to participate in the school, so their attitude and focus is a bit different from Honder.
Finals start this week at Honder and I’m down to just a few weeks in China.  I’m looking forward to being home, but I’m going to miss a lot of the charm and surprises of Inner Mongolia.  This will be my last weekend at Little London – I won’t miss this part much at all.  Hopefully my last weekends can be spent visiting friends, both new and old. 
Yesterday I learned that chickens love strawberries – who would have guessed…







No comments:

Post a Comment