Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Circus

The traveling circus came to town this week.  They bulldozed the local junk pile just across from Honder College and setup their tents, rides, attractions, etc.  We’ve enjoyed way too much Mongolian BBQ and last night we spent $2 USD to watch a motorcycle daredevil show. Picture a very large wooden barrel and 3 young girls chasing each other around the walls of the barrel. Amazing show!

Today I returned to give each of the girls a copy of their picture that I shot. As a result, Zsolti and I were invited into their living quarters (tents) and were the center of attention for photo ops.  I also gave them a copy of me with my motorcycle in Alaska, as motorcycles are our common language.  Later, as they getting ready for their show, I was invited to ride around the outside ring to help attract a crowd.  Yes, it worked!  So, now I have an additional alternative for a new career.  (I just need to master the barrel riding part.)





No comments:

Post a Comment