Most of this week was focused on meeting other teachers, attending initiation meetings and fulfilling final requirements. I'm not sure how to describe my "healthy check" adventure. I've never seen so many men providing urine samples at the same time - and then just leaving them on a table outisde the men's restroom! Then there was the X-ray room which was fascinating to watch, but makes me shiver as I ponder the effects. Each person walked into the room and stood on a platform as the doctors moved the imaging head around them remotely and provided instructions in Chinese. Somehow I appear to have "passed" my tests along with two other new teachers...
I attended an English Corner one evening that was hosted by one of the other foreign teachers who has worked here for a few years. A group of about twenty watched an American movie, "The Pursuit of Happyness", with Chinese subtitles. It was fun to participate and finally meet some of the students!
No comments:
Post a Comment